Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thanks To My Lovely Roommate I FInally Figured Out This Internet Shit And So Now I Can Sit In The Comfort Of My Own Apartment And Be On The Internet

So I finally got around to updating the blog. As you can see, its a Volbeat theme. I am totally in love with them and am openly mourning them not being American. If they were American, I'd have a chance to see them again. Who knows when I'll see them live again. But, since they are Danish, I can let them off the hook. I love Denmark!

COME BACK VOLBEAT!!

Can you guess who I love the most? Yes, Michael and Thomas. To be fair, at both shows, I was in front of them, so naturally I took the most pics of them. Most of the ones I took of Jon and Anders came out shitty, sorry guys.

Also, the lyrics are from their song 'Radio Girl' which I highly recommend. 'For Helvede' means For Hell in Danish. Love it!

Class is going well so far. We watched a clip from The Simpsons, Happy Days, and we watched a joke about nostalgia. We don't have class today or tomorrow because the other guy in my class (yes, there are only 2 of us) is on the track team and they have nationals this week. So he left today (coincidentally, he is my neighbor) and so we don't have class. Tomorrow, my Mutti is coming to pick me up and I'm going home for the weekend since I also don't have class on Monday.

AWESOME!

I am loving me some Red Wings! They are beating the Blackhawks 2-0 right now in the series. If they keep this up, we're going to the finals again! Interestingly enough, the Penguins are beating the Hurricanes, 2-0 in their series. If the Red Wings and Penguins win, it will be the second year in a row that the Wings and Penguins meet in the Stanley cup finals. Hopefully, it will be the 2nd year in a row that the Wings beat the Penguins in the Stanley cup finals.

Haha, that would be priceless!

So about Atlanta.

The drive down was ok. I freaked out for probably the first 3 or 4 hours and once I go about halfway through Tennessee, I calmed down. Atlanta wasn't as bad as I thought, but I still don't like it. I also don't like my GPS.

I met a few cool people in line. I saw Marco, Michael, Tuomas, Thomas, and Ewo. It was pretty cool because the buses were right next to the entrance for the club. BTW, I hate that club. I'll never go to another show there, I don't care who is playing. The ventilation sucks unless you're in the first row. There's no where to sit except on their nasty floor. Their bathroom is gross and had no soap. The people who work there were rude.

Also, pretty much everyone that went to that show (probably 90%) has no respect for people who are not feeling well. I almost threw up on people and passed out because I couldn't get out of the freaking crowd. I also got violently shoved by some douchebag as I tried to get out.

Volbeat was fucking fantastic! I started in the 4th row and thanks to the moshpit, ended up in the 2nd row! I love that band. They get so into their music and you can tell they are just having the time of their lives every show. Thomas and I had several eye locking moments. His facial expressions are the best! Michael and I locked eyes once and Anders and I locked eyes once. His was the best because his eyes went super wide and his jaw dropped cause I was rocking out to Pool of Booze. I loved it! Michael also seemed to get a kick out of me during Sad Man's Tongue cause I was screaming the words and was all over the place. I got to shake Michael and Thomas' hands, which was great. They're a great band and I would fucking love to see them live every night for the rest of my life.

After their set was when I started to feel awful. I finally got out of the crowd and eventually found the fucking bathroom. I splashed some water on my face and drank some and then headed back out. I couldn't get back to my spot, so I ended up going all the way to the back. Because of the way the Club is set up, if you're in the back, you don't get to see much. The stage is set so far down that you really only get a good view of the band if you're up front.

I stood for about 4 or 5 songs and then went out into the hallway because it was too fucking hot and I couldn't stand anymore. I made friends with this one girl and we talked for the rest of the show and hung out. It was nice to just listen to Nightwish and not deal with the ridiculous crowd.

I really didn't like most of the people I encountered at the Atlanta show. They were supreme douchebags, including the asshole who kept elbowing my ribs. I also want to say Fuck You to the douchebag security guy who stood in front of us during Volbeat and watched the assholes in the moshpit hurt people. Way to do your fucking job you fat fuck.

After the show, I left because I was too sick to stay. The drive back was sucky just because I felt so awful. All in all, it was worth it though. I got to see Volbeat give a kickass show and I got to hear Nightwish play Ghost Love Score.

COME BACK VOLBEAT!!!

Ya know, preferably to Cincinnati or somewhere else in Ohio. That doesn't take 7 hours to drive to.

Tak! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment