Saturday, October 31, 2009

NaNoWriMo

As I come closer and closer to my College Graduation, the question of "What Will I Do With My Life?" continually pops up. One thing I have always loved, is writing. I wrote my first book in 6th grade. What a wreck, but yet what a start. So this year, I'm doing something I've never done before. I'm going to participate in NaNoWriMo, which is National Novel Writing Month.

NaNoWriMo is where you spend the month of November writing a book, trying to reach 50,000 words or more. This is great for writers like me who need deadlines in order to get things done. I'm going to be writing about a story I've had bouncing around in my head for the last year or so. The current working title is Upon A December and has to do with the Mayan prediction that the world will end in 2012. And there might be a superhero or 12 in there somewhere. hehe.

I'm so excited to finally be able to write this. So November will be very busy for me!

I've been partially obsessing over Deadliest Catch for the past week. I've made it to Season 4, which I am currently on episode 5 of. My fav boats are the Time Bandit, Northwestern and the Cornelia Marie. I'd love to meet the Captains. They should do CatchCon again. I'd fly wherever just to see that!

NaNo starts at midnight, so I've got a few things to do finish up before the writing begins.

p.s. 9 days until Volbeat and Metallica!!!! My former big Afro is going with me!!

p.p.s. I slept from midnight until 2pm and I'm still freaking tired. BLAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment