Friday, August 14, 2009

The Show Must Go On: Preparing For Senior Year

This won't just be any senior year. This will be my final senior year. I did my senior year of high school. Now I must complete my senior year of college. Like high school, this senior year will end in a commencement ceremony where I will walk across a stage and be handed my diploma. But this isn't just any diploma. This is a diploma from a University. This is a diploma that says for the last four years I worked my butt off against diversity and sexism and liberal hate. No, the diploma won't actually say it, but when I accept that diploma with my beautiful name on it, that's part of what I have fought against these past four years. Among other things, such as jackass frat boys who think they're important and bitchy sorority girls who think hazing is fun and brings everyone closer.

In a week from tomorrow I will move back to my loser school to live with my cool roommate Alice who will be kind and deal with my obsession with Volbeat which will become too much to handle in November and then will cool a tiny bit around December, but will explode yet again should they choose to return to the states anytime in 2010 or if I get accepted to Roskilde and I move to Denmark for two years.

In a week from Monday I start classes and work. Let's take a look at the classes I will be taking, shall we? Let's start with remidial fucking Math (because I'm an idiot). Yes, for a semester I shall have learn all the basics of math or whatever the fuck they teach in that horrid excuse for a class. Then I have Art and Espionage (which is taught by a former CIA agent, how cool is that?) because I need a Cor300 class and it's a Cor300 class, and the coolest one, if I do say so myself. And there's Grapic Design, which better involve photography or I will be upset. There's the Origin of the American Republic, which will be my last history class (which means once I pass that, I technically have complete my minor! WOOOO). It will also be my last class with Dr. White Castle, which is sad as he was so very funny. And my last class is Capstone in Political Science, which is my senior level Poli Sci class. It's not my last poli sci class (I still have to take War & Peace in the spring) but it will be the most challenging poli sci class I've had to take in my four years at college. If its not, you can be certain I'll be sticking my tongue out at a certain Canadian professor in defiance.

As well as classes, I will also be working two jobs. I will return to being a secretary in a certain office for a certain Dean (and I'm sure I'll be racking up the paper cuts this year as well). I will also be working as an editor of some sort on the school newspaper. It helps that my roommate Alice is the head of the paper. She's so cool. Ha, it pays to be friends with people in high places. Oh shit man, I'm totally going to make an awesome politican! Look, I'm already using my friends to get me places! (joking...and like all of my so called friends aren't going to use me when I'm President, not that Alice is a so called friend. She's a really good friend of mine, one of my best friends and I'm not actually using her to get the job. SHIT, why am I writing a disclaimer? Fuck you if you don't get my sarcasm and get away from my blog!)

Uh...anyways. I'm also going to start my third year of being President of College Republicans. This year the hardest thing is going to be finding my replacement for when I graduate. There are just no other dedicated republicans on campus. It's so sad. Not just anyone can be President. It takes a lot.

And I am also involved in a new sorority on campus, so that's going to keep me pretty busy. We've got so much to do within the first couple weeks of being on campus, I'm going to be so stressed out, but knowing that I have so many wonderful women working alongside me, I know everything will work out just fine! But like I said, it's going to keep me so busy!

And, ya know, it takes a lot to obsess over Volbeat. That's almost a full time job in and of itself. But, I'm certain, when November comes, I'll make them proud. They'll hear me screaming and she me rocking out, even up in row 201! And I'm also pretty stoked about seeing Metallica too. I wonder if they ever play St. Anger. I like certain parts of the song, just not the whole thing. Oh, they better play One! And Nothing Else Matters. And Master of Puppets. And Enter Sandman, of course. Fade to Black, hopefully. Oh, and Sad But True.

November 9=Best Day Ever!

If I could meet Metallica, that would be great. Major Pain in the Ass was once a huge Metallica fan. It would be cool if I could send him just a picture of me with Lars or James for christmas. Haha, that would be a great gift. God jule MPITA, from Metallica and your dear youngest sister, aka Future President of the U.S.

Vote for Me!

Anyways...For the last oh, IDK, 20 hours or so, I've been listening to a lot of Slipknot. I had been listening to a mix of Volbeat, The Storm, Danzig, The Misfits, Lasgo, Milk Inc, Spinnerette, and Sylver, but I decided Slipknot was what I wanted and now I can't turn them off. I don't mean I don't know how, I mean I've really missed Slipknot (it's been years since I've listened to them) so I'm kind of soaking them up. Dont worry, I'm not ignoring my beloved Volbeat, I throw in some VB every once in a while, but it's mostly Slipknot for now. Good stuff.

New layout coming soon. I'm working on a new design.

No comments:

Post a Comment