Saturday, October 12, 2013

Gluten Free Pizza

I eat gluten-free (mostly). I developed an allergic reaction to Seaweed in the summer of 2010, not long after I came home from college. I got sicker later that year and we realized a lot of my symptoms can be explained by a gluten-intolerance. So I went gluten-free. I cheat more than I should, but usually if I take my medicine I do ok. I'm trying to be better about not cheating, but there are some things I just love too much. I think over time I'll get much better about it, especially as more GF options come out.

Pillsbury recently came out with pre-made Cookie Dough, Pizza Dough, and Pie Dough. We bought all three. We really like the cookie dough, but my mom wasn't happy with the pie dough. That's fine, because I don't really eat pie. Today I tried the pizza dough.






So I made these mini pizzas. I am one of those people that like to have my three meals and then snack throughout the day, especially when I'm at work. I sit at a computer all day for work and for some reason that makes me hungry.

Mini pizzas are perfect for me. It'll give me a little something to snack on in the afternoon. They're not perfect, but they are, in fact, delicious. It's just tomato sauce, mozzarella shredded cheese, a little sprinkling of garlic powder, and mini pepperoni.




I ate two this afternoon, while watching the Texas V. Oklahoma game. Yeah Longhorns! I put salt and a little bit of red pepper flakes on my pizzas. They were really good. The crust was just crispy enough, but still soft on the inside. Everything was just delicious. I'll have to put more cheese on it next time and maybe a little bit more garlic powder, but otherwise it was great.

Finding gluten-free bread products I like is hard. I'm super picky to begin with and there just aren't a lot of options for GF right now. I used to eat a lot of sandwiches, but I haven't had luck finding a white bread I like. So finding a good pizza crust is awesome. Hopefully as time goes on, there will be more and better options out there.

I'm still looking for a good GF bagel.

No comments:

Post a Comment